Doran's Coin & Currency Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is note in a modern C&C set worth getting graded on the

2 posters

Go down

Is note in a modern C&C set worth getting graded on the Empty Is note in a modern C&C set worth getting graded on the

Post  66tbird Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:53 pm

I'm not into notes. I have a bunch pulled form circ for the SN's, and some large size, but no real interest. So I've never really studied what make a note great.

I do have an interesting $2 in a Mill C&C set with a SN of 20007777. Is something like that worth getting graded?

Being a C&C collector I have a couple star notes also.

To me they all look like new money. Embarassed

66tbird

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Back to top Go down

Is note in a modern C&C set worth getting graded on the Empty Re: Is note in a modern C&C set worth getting graded on the

Post  jhpaperman Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:43 pm

Probably not worth getting graded unless it is perfectly centered. All these special serial numbers were issued in CU condition, so there will never be a dispute over grade.

jhpaperman

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Back to top Go down

Is note in a modern C&C set worth getting graded on the Empty Re: Is note in a modern C&C set worth getting graded on the

Post  66tbird Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:35 pm

Thank you, It does look just fine where it is.

And another question about centering IYDM. To what tolerance and how is it properly measured to be 'perfectly' I've never tried to grade a note BTW

66tbird

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jhpaperman Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:46 pm

It pretty much as to be perfectly centered left/right and top/bottom on both sides to get a 67. A slight shift of on margin will be no better than 66, with a greater shift will be a 65. A noticeable shift will be a 64, even if the centering is perfect on the other side.

jhpaperman

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down