Doran's Coin & Currency Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins

3 posters

Go down

Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins Empty Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins

Post  StrikeOutXXX Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:47 pm

Geez Michael - new categories are popping up left and right - might be neat to put your BST for each section as its own category.

Anyhow - here is a cool find in a bag of just misc coins. It is sitting in some acetone to try to clean up the crud on it, but I like any coin that makes me have to research something new. Never heard of this place, but it's in Krause as it's own country "Kiau Chau" as German Occupation coinage for one year only - 1909. Here is the 1909 5-cent piece (They made a 1909 5 & 10 cent piece in regular and proof, so 4 total coins for this Krause listing)

Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins KiauObv
Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins KiauRev

StrikeOutXXX

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-06-24

Back to top Go down

Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins Empty Re: Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins

Post  dorancoins Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:05 pm

Definitely a neat find you have there.
dorancoins
dorancoins
Admin

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2007-06-24

https://doransccf.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins Empty Re: Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins

Post  BCNumismatics Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:50 am

StrikeOutXXX wrote:Geez Michael - new categories are popping up left and right - might be neat to put your BST for each section as its own category.

Anyhow - here is a cool find in a bag of just misc coins. It is sitting in some acetone to try to clean up the crud on it, but I like any coin that makes me have to research something new. Never heard of this place, but it's in Krause as it's own country "Kiau Chau" as German Occupation coinage for one year only - 1909. Here is the 1909 5-cent piece (They made a 1909 5 & 10 cent piece in regular and proof, so 4 total coins for this Krause listing)

Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins KiauObv
Nice surprise in a "Bulk Bag" of world coins KiauRev

The coins of Kiaochow are very seldomly seen.I did have a Kiaochow 10c. coin in my collection,but I have since sold it.

Kiaochow later became Tsingtao.Today,it is known as Qingdao.

Aidan.

BCNumismatics

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down